Two Bucks Opens New Location in Parma
December 12, 2014
Source: Maura Zurick, Northeast Ohio Media Group
PARMA, Ohio -- Two Bucks, a name that implies affordable, has added a Parma spot.
Owner Cory Rowland opened the first Two Bucks in Avon in 2010 with his cousins Sean and Eric Nugent. Since then, the chain expanded to six locations, including Milwaukee, and prices have gone up slightly — by a few bucks. But you can still get dinner for less than $10.
"We're all from the Cleveland area and just wanted to open a bar close to home," Rowland said. "I guess you can really say this is a family-style business because even those employees who aren't family seem like family and we want them to grow with our business."
Everything on the menu was $2 when the chain first opened.
"Our goal has always been to keep our prices affordable but to keep the restaurant and bar classy," Rowland said. "We want to make it so people can enjoy a night out without breaking the bank."
Kas Firdman, the human resources director, said she's been with the company since it started. She said the most popular food item "by far" is the smoked Gouda macaroni and cheese, which costs $3. You can top it with chicken, bacon, hot sausage or buffalo chicken.
The most expensive items on the menu are the burgers. One of their most popular is the Bucker Burger. The slab of beef is topped with a fried egg, onion ring and melted blue cheese. It costs $8.
A Great Lakes Burning River beer will cost you $3.
Rowland said the bar attracts families to 20-somethings to suit-and-tie wearing business executives.
In the summer, the Parma spot will have a patio, connected to the restaurant with a large garage door. The restaurant and bar is located at 7880 Broadview Road.
Inside, there are plenty of high-top tables and a long bar. Each seat has a good view of the large screen TVs behind the bar, which often show Cleveland sports.
"We're not really just a bar," Rowland said. "We want this to be a place anyone can go and have fun. Our hope is that our restaurants will improve the quality of life in this area where we work and live."
- Two Bucks Opens New Location in Parma
- Two Bucks Smoked Gouda Mac and Cheese Named on 9 Best Mac and Cheese in CLE List! by Cleveland.com
- Revamped Fundraisers at Two Bucks Designed with You in Mind
- Suitcase Saturday | Win Cash and a Night at the Horseshoe Casino & Renaissance Hotel
- Suitcase Saturday Round 3 | WIN tickets to the Cavs v. Pelicans in NEW ORLEANS + 2 Roundtrip Flights
- Suitcase Saturday Round 2 | WIN $1300 Tickets to the Ohio State vs. Michigan game on Nov. 29!
- Movin’ On Up, To The East Side!
- Super Bowl Two-Go Packages
- If your wallet is feeling light, Two Bucks in Avon is a heavy hitter
- Two Bucks restaurant concept expands to North Olmsted