Sun Sentinel “Person of the Week”
April 21, 2011
For two months, Cory Rowland and his business partners completely renovated the property at 36931 Detroit Road from an old-style pizza restaurant top a modern and affordable local hangout.
In 2009, Rowland jumped at the chance to bring a new business to the heart of Avon’s French Creek district. The landlord called to see if Rowland was interested in the space that would eventually become Two Bucks, a bar and restaurant that specializes in daily $2 food and drink specials.
After graduating from St. Edward High School, Rowland earned a bachelor’s degree in sports management with a minor in business from Ohio University in 2009.
He was working with his business partners, who are also his cousins, at a bar in Cleveland’s West Park Neighborhood when he got the opportunity to open a bar in Avon.
Rowland, 24, helped establish Two Bucks as part of the community. He teamed up with the Lake Erie Crushers to sponsor a $2 draft night at every All-Pro Freight Stadium home game. At last weekend’s Homerun for the Homeless, more than ten participants were sponsored by Two Bucks, including a few of the bar’s employees.
As a huge Cleveland sports fan, Rowland wants to be sure that Avon residents have a spot where they can enjoy their local sports teams.
- myLEAGUE’S BACK! ASK ABOUT FALL SPONSORSHIP
- Two Bucks Opens New Location in Parma
- Two Bucks Smoked Gouda Mac and Cheese Named on 9 Best Mac and Cheese in CLE List! by Cleveland.com
- Suitcase Saturday Round 3 | WIN tickets to the Cavs v. Pelicans in NEW ORLEANS + 2 Roundtrip Flights
- Revamped Fundraisers at Two Bucks Designed with You in Mind
- Suitcase Saturday Round 2 | WIN $1300 Tickets to the Ohio State vs. Michigan game on Nov. 29!
- Suitcase Saturday | Win Cash and a Night at the Horseshoe Casino & Renaissance Hotel
- Movin’ On Up, To The East Side!
- Super Bowl Two-Go Packages
- January (2)